Monday, March 18, 2013



Luigis Restaurant and Gourmet Express is located inJohnston.  I have been to the restaurantand the express restaurant many times each. But for this review, I will focuson the Gourmet Express. I have never had a bad meal from Luigis. During lunchhours it is always busy, but the service is fast and friendly. They have a widearray of lunch items, from pizza and calzones to pasta and soup. Most of it is already prepared, and it is warmed up. Salads, and grinders are made to order among other things. But this area helps those, who want a quick lunch. For those who have time the restaurant is also open for lunch.
Most of the time, I find myself getting the ziti al forno. It is really good, and I havent had a better example of it yet in my life. It is always consistent every time I order it. All the things I have tried here is just as good every time. This is a plus for most people, knowing you can expect a good meal every time. For lunch they also have a deal where you can get half a grinder with a cup of soup, or salad. Again the grinders and soups are delicious. I have tried a good variety of the menu and it is all great, so dont be afraid to try different things.
The cafe style of the express section is really nice. It has lots of tables and counters to sit and enjoy the lunch. The wait has always been minimal for me, and the staff is always friendly and helpful. Once they see you often they will remember you. Id recommend Luigis restaurant for those looking for good Italian-American food, and the express section for lunch or even take out for dinner at home. The food is really good and consistent. The restaurant is nice in appearance and the staff is always friendly. If you are in Johnston some day, be sure to try it!

2 comments:

  1. It's funny that I live in proximity and have never been to Luigi's. After reading your review I definitely want to check it out. I love Italian food! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have been to luigis quite a few times in my life and I have to echo what was said in this review! Never have I had a bad meal from luigis it's definitely the best spot for lunch in the area!

    ReplyDelete